Leaderships and Instructors
Granddaughter of General Chennault, Director of Chennault Aviation and Military Museum
U.S. Army Major General – Retired
President, Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operations Officer, Chief Instructor
CFI, CFII, MEI, ATP
Chief Instrument Flight Instructor
Chief Multi-Engine Flight Instructor
Chief Stage Check Instructor
Airline Pathway Mentor
The governor of Texas stated yesterday that he will let each county decide the level and length of restrictions their residents will be under during this COVID-19 pandemic. In line with this policy, Harris county and Montgomery county announced that it is under a stay at home order.
Federal precedent indicates that flight training is considered an essential business (ref: https://www.aviationpros.com/…/flight-schools-remaining-open and https://www.cisa.gov/transportation-systems-sector).
So the decision to continue flight training in the midst of a stay at home order is an individual one that each student should make with their instructor. Toward that end, CAA will open as needed to meet scheduled demand.
All of our instructors have access to the facilities and aircraft. If you wish to fly solo please coordinate with your instructor and plan to limit your solo flight time to between 8 AM (first engine start time) and 5 PM (last engine shut down time) to ensure you have maintenance support.
And please refer to the following for our COVID-19 protocols.
The following protocols will be enforced while flight training continues at CAA during the COVID-19 crisis:
1. All persons entering the CAA facility will be required to sanitize/wash their hands before conducting training or business.
2. Disinfectant spray, micro-clothe, and a wipe will be taken to the aircraft and used throughout the preflight inspection.
3. Minimize contact with the exterior of the aircraft as much as possible
4. All surfaces routinely touched while flying will be wiped as part of the pre-flight procedure. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Gas Caps
b. Sump Drain Cup
c. Doorknobs and Handles
e. Flap handle
f. Instrument panel switches
g.430/650 buttons and screens (use wipe only)
h.Oil filler cap and oil access door
5. Keep the cabin door open until ready for take off
6. Keep the small pilot access windows open in flight as much as possible
7. Use Cabin Air as much as possible
8. Do not share or loan headsets